The core data processing API for Java developers and Data Engineers who wish to build data-intensive applications and frameworks.
Cascading was created for developers who want to…
- Quickly build robust, reliable, data-oriented applications in Java
- Eliminate platform lock-in
- Develop testable and reusable integrations, data processing code and algorithms
- Leverage existing best practices, skill sets and tools
- Install nothing, all dependencies are through Maven
- Create higher order DSLs/languages in other JVM based languages
Build Data Intensive Applications that are Scale-free
Developers can build and test their application locally, and then deploy them at scale in production.
Easily build applications that integrate with your existing legacy systems.
There are many community-supported projects that allows your app to move data in and out of various sources (i.e. Elasticsearch, HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB, and more).
Write once, then run on different computation platforms. Applications written with Cascading are portable across any fabric that Cascading ecosystem supports.
Cascading ships with Apache Hadoop, Apache Tez, and In-Memory streaming support.
Division of Logic
Cascading allows you to develop your business logic separately from your integration logic via the Pipes and Taps abstractions.