Scalding is an extension that enables application development with Scala, a powerful language for solving functional problems.
Currently maintained by the Scalding community.
Cascading was created for developers who want to…
- Build Data-Intensive applications with Scala
- Simple and concise syntax
- Leverage the benefits of the Cascading application framework
More than a Scala API for Cascading, Scalding provides functionality from custom join algorithms to multiple APIs (Fields-based, Type-safe, Matrix) for developers to build robust applications.
For more information about the Scalding community, visit: https://github.com/twitter/scalding
Build Data Applications with Scala
A Scala API for Cascading, Scalding is a dynamic programming language that makes computations look very similar to Scala’s collection API.
Built with the Cascading framework
Because Scalding is built on top of the Cascading framework, this dynamic programming language inherits the value Cascading brings to app development, including: extensibility with the Cascading ecosystem and application portability.
- How to Use Scala on Hadoop (59 min)
- Should I use Scalding or Scoobi or Scrunch? (40 min)
- Scalding: Powerful & Concise MapReduce Programming (65 min)
- Scalding lecture at UC Berkeley (77 min)
- Why Scalding is Important for Data Science (49 min)
- History, Patterns, and Future of Scalding (51 min)
- Big Data & Brews: MapReduce, Cascading and Scala (18 min)
- Scalding Tutorial
- Scalding Impatient Series
- Scalding Workshop
- Generating Recommendations with MapReduce and Scalding
- Movie Recommendations and more in MapReduce and Scalding
- Poker collusion detection with Mahout and Scalding
- Portfolio Management in Scalding
- Typesafe’s Activator for Scalding
- Building Machine Learning Models with Etsy’s Conjecture