We are happy to announce a new open source project that we have been working on: Cascading-Hive. Now, you can use Cascading and Apache Hive together.
- Run Hive queries within a Cascade
- Read from Hive tables within a Cascading Flow
- Write/create Hive tables from a Cascading Flow
- Write/create partitioned Hive tables from a Cascading Flow
- Deconstruct a Hive view into Taps
Cascading-Hive works with Cascading 2.5.4+ and Apache Hive 0.10-0.13 on Hadoop 1.x and Hadoop 2.x. You can find more information on the GitHub project: